ABOUT THE COMPANY: Doherty Nutrition quickly growing private practice that provides nutrition counseling and consulting services in the North Dallas area. We provide nutrition services that range from individual counseling, group classes, public speaking engagements, and consulting projects. We are on a mission is to take the stereotype of “diet” out of dietitian and make working with a dietitian simple, fun, and realistic.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: The Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian will provide outpatient nutrition counseling services in a private practice setting to individuals with eating disorders, disordered eating, and unhealthy relationships with food. The position will be responsible for creating a curriculum for eating disorder group nutrition classes and building the eating disorder outpatient program at the practice. Outpatient counseling services will be conducted both onsite at Doherty Nutrition private offices in Addison, TX as well as via telehealth.
The Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian will be credentialled with health insurance panels under Doherty Nutrition prior to seeing clients. Note that the credentialing process has a wait time of 30 – 60 days.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of nutrition and counseling practices in the eating disorder field
- Complete individual personalized nutritional assessments and coordinate on-going nutritional care in recovery
- Provide nutritional counseling education for clients and/or their families
- Participate in care coordination and treatment planning
- Assist in meal planning and preparation for client meetings
- Lead and facilitate group nutrition classes on assigned topics
- Communicate compassionately, effectively and enthusiastically with clients and/or families
- Develops and maintain nutrition education materials and clinical procedures up to date with current research and practice
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills with a working knowledge of various software programs and electronic medical record charting
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, or related field; Master’s degree in food and nutrition preferred
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed with the state of Texas as a Dietitian
- Preferred Certified Eating Disorders Specialist
- 2 years as a Registered Dietitian
- 1-2 years in the mental health or eating disorder field
- Understanding of motivational interviewing, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size