Are you obsessed with Brené Brown? Do you love Christy Harrison’s Food Psych Podcast? Do you preach the Intuitive Eating principles? Do you stand by Health At Every Size? Do you love helping people heal their relationship with food and be a part of their eating disorder recovery journey? If you answered yes to the above questions, you have come to the right place!!!
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Doherty Nutrition quickly growing private practice that provides nutrition counseling and consulting services in the North Dallas area. We provide nutrition services that range from individual counseling, group classes, public speaking engagements, and consulting projects. We are on a mission is to take the stereotype of “diet” out of dietitian and make working with a dietitian simple, fun, and realistic.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: The Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian will provide outpatient nutrition counseling services in a private practice setting to individuals with eating disorders, disordered eating, and unhealthy relationships with food. The position will be responsible for creating a curriculum for eating disorder group nutrition classes and building the eating disorder outpatient program at the practice. Outpatient counseling services will be conducted both onsite at Doherty Nutrition private offices in Addison, TX as well as via telehealth.
The Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian will be credentialed with health insurance panels under Doherty Nutrition prior to seeing clients. Note that the credentialing process has a wait time of 30 – 60 days.
This role is a full time role (40 hours minimum per week) that includes a full benefits package – health, dental, vision, and 401K with employer matching.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of nutrition and counseling practices in the eating disorder field
- Complete individual personalized nutritional assessments and coordinate on-going nutritional care in recovery
- Provide nutritional counseling education for clients and/or their families
- Participate in care coordination and treatment planning
- Assist in meal planning and preparation for client meetings
- Lead and facilitate group nutrition classes on assigned topics
- Communicate compassionately, effectively and enthusiastically with clients and/or families
- Develops and maintain nutrition education materials and clinical procedures up to date with current research and practice
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills with a working knowledge of various software programs and electronic medical record charting
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, or related field
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed with the state of Texas as a Dietitian
- At least 3 years professional experience as a full time Registered Dietitian
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a full time Registered Dietitian in the mental health or eating disorder field
- Understanding of Motivational Interviewing, Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size, and Weight-Inclusive Care
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian
- Master’s degree in food and nutrition preferred