Do you love helping people heal their relationship with food and be a part of their health journey? Do you love Christy Harrison’s Food Psych Podcast? Do you preach the Intuitive Eating principles? Do you consider yourself a non-diet or anti-dietitian dietitian? If you answered yes to the above questions, you have come to the right place!!!
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Doherty Nutrition quickly growing private practice that provides nutrition counseling and consulting services in the North Dallas area. We provide nutrition services that range from individual counseling, group classes, public speaking engagements, and consulting projects. We are on a mission is to take the stereotype of “diet” out of dietitian and make working with a dietitian simple, fun, and realistic.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: The Registered Dietitian (PRN) will provide outpatient nutrition counseling services in a private practice setting to a wide variety of individuals from general wellness, newly diagnosed diabetes, to disordered eating. The position will provide 1:1 nutrition counseling sessions and group classes to clients. Outpatient counseling services will be conducted both onsite at Doherty Nutrition private offices in Addison, TX as well as via telehealth.
The Registered Dietitian (PRN) must be credentialled with health insurance panels under Doherty Nutrition prior to seeing clients. Note that the credentialing process has a wait time of 30 – 60 days.
Performance will be evaluated and based on the candidate’s success; this role has the potential to convert into a full-time paid role with benefits.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of nutrition and counseling practices in the field
- Complete individual personalized nutritional assessments and coordinate on-going nutritional care
- Provide nutritional counseling education for clients and/or their families
- Assist in meal planning and preparation for client meetings
- Lead and facilitate group nutrition classes on assigned topics
- Communicate compassionately, effectively and enthusiastically with clients and/or families
- Develops and maintain nutrition education materials and clinical procedures up to date with current research and practice
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills with a working knowledge of various software programs and electronic medical record charting
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, or related field; Master’s degree in food and nutrition preferred
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed with the state of Texas as a Dietitian
- Preferred advanced nutrition certification (Intuitive Eating, HAES, Sports Nutrition, etc.)
- 2 years as a Registered Dietitian
- 1-2 years in specialized field
- Understanding of Motivational Interviewing, Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size, and Weight-Inclusive Care