ABOUT THE COMPANY: Doherty Nutrition quickly growing private practice that provides nutrition counseling and consulting services in the North Dallas area. We provide nutrition services that range from individual counseling, group classes, public speaking engagements, and consulting projects. We are on a mission is to take the stereotype of “diet” out of dietitian and make working with a dietitian simple, fun, and realistic. The position will work between 8-30 hours per week.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: The PRN Registered Dietitian will provide outpatient nutrition counseling services in a private practice setting to individuals experiencing a variety of health and nutrition concerns. Clients will vary in age and issues (i.e. general weight loss, newly diagnosed diabetes, disordered eating, etc.), however the Registered Dietitian will have the opportunity to specialize in their preferred field. Outpatient counseling services will be conducted both onsite at Doherty Nutrition private offices in Addison, TX as well as via telehealth.
The Registered Dietitian will be credentialled with health insurance panels under Doherty Nutrition prior to seeing clients. Note that the credentialing process has a wait time of 30 – 60 days.
Performance will be evaluated and based on the candidate’s success; this role has the potential to convert into a full-time paid role with benefits.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of nutrition and counseling practices
- Complete individual personalized nutritional assessments and coordinate on-going nutritional care
- Provide nutritional counseling education for clients and/or their families
- Participate in care coordination and treatment planning
- Assist in meal planning and preparation for client meetings
- Lead and facilitate group nutrition classes on assigned topics
- Communicate compassionately, effectively and enthusiastically with clients and/or families
- Develops and maintain nutrition education materials and clinical procedures up to date with current research and practice
- Performs other duties as assigned (article writing, public speaking, presentations, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills with a working knowledge of various software programs and electronic medical record charting
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, or related field; Master’s degree in food and nutrition preferred
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed with the state of Texas as a Dietitian
- Minimum of 2 years as a Registered Dietitian
- Preferred specialization in field (i.e. gerontological, obesity & weight management, renal, sports)